(Images are taken from a Samsung Galaxy phone and may look different from other cell phones)
In order to be able to log in to the PocketPatient ™ application (app), make sure that the receptionist has granted you permission by enabling the Patient Portal.
- Once you have been granted access to the Patient Portal, open the received email through your smart phone and select the hyperlink. This redirects you to the App Store to download the PocketPatient™ App.
- Note: If the app has already been downloaded the hyperlink will redirect you directly to the downloaded application.
- Enter your practice URL (dermpro.ema.md), your username and password to log in to the app. These are the same credentials utilized when accessing the patient portal.
- If you do not know your username, please contact our office at 218-454-7546 and speak to one of our receptionists.
- If you do not know your password, click “Forgot password?” on the login page to recover or reset your password.
- You will receive a pop-up asking to Allow Push Notifications. It is highly recommended for you to ALLOW receiving push notifications for updates.
- The patient will then select Get Started to access their medical record.
From the Home screen you can Request Refills of your medications, view Upcoming Appointments and Recent Messages. You also have the ability to send messages to the Nursing Staff.
- Request Refill – you can request refills of your medications.
- Upcoming Appointments – you can view your upcoming appointments.
- Recent Messages – you can view your recent messages that were sent by staff.
You can select Appointments to join Video Visits, view Upcoming Appointments, view Virtual Check-ins and view Past Appointments.
- Video – if you have a scheduled Telehealth Visit, select Join the Video Visit to launch audio and video chat. You will be alerted when the provider is ready to see you.
- Upcoming – you can view your upcoming appointments.
- Virtual – Virtual Check-in visits that are open and managed by the provider are listed here.
- Past – all past visits will display within the Past tab.
You will select Messages to view any messages sent from the practice and create new messages.
You can select My Health to enter and/or update your Medications, Pharmacies and Allergies, view any Tests and Results that the provider has posted and manage your Past History.
- Medications – selecting medications will allow you to add a medication or edit existing medications in your Clipboard.
- Pharmacies – you have the ability to add a new pharmacy or edit existing pharmacies.
- Tests & Results – you can view any result that the provider has posted. You will also be able to view corresponding educational materials by selecting Learn More.
- Allergies – you can also add allergies or edit existing allergies.
- History – you can add and update your Past Medical History, Skin Disease History, Social History and Family History. You can also view your Past Diagnoses & educational handouts.